2ND SUNDAYS HAS A NEW WEB SITE

2ND SUNDAYS HAS MOVED. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ENTER OUR NEW LOCATION. THANK YOU

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Autrefois Artisan Clothing

Autrefois

Handmade Artisan Clothing
http://www.autrefois.etsy.com/
434-227-8892

When I was little, and the girls in my class were discussing make up and boys, I made my own world, my fantasy world of lords and ladies, country manors and silk gowns, summertime picnics and cabbage roses from the garden, straw hats and stillrooms, riding habits and etiquette. I read too much Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte, secluded myself in the shade with the violets and Victorian poetry, trotting home to sew makeshift gowns to wear around the house. I made tea and cakes, listened to Baroque music and could never get my hands on enough antique lace.That child grew up to be a woman who still loves all those things. From this has come a desire to create beautiful things based on historical inspiration, and Autrefois was born. Autrefois is French for "in the past", "long ago", "in the old days" which I think sums up all of my sources of inspiration. I search for the most beautiful fabric I can find and sew clothes for you that I hope you will feel beautiful wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment